Sunday, March 18, 2007

Spring is coming!!!!

I'm super excited that spring is arriving in new stages each day now. It's definitely an advantage of living in Texas!

We started out this morning walking to the meadows to hunt for wildflowers, and practice taking pictures of them. There are many photos I deleted, or cropped to make better, but I think I will eventually get the hang of our camera. Paul took better pictures than I did - so I'll give him credit for the really great pics that we were able to get. I won't post all of them here - you can use the link to the Spring 2007 Wildflowers if you want to see all of them. But here are a few that were fun for me to take. I actually took the ones on this blog (after many pointers from Paul).

I took this one, too - it's not wildflowers, but the new pinecones are starting to come out, so it was neat to see the new with last year's too.
This is a massive tree - I can't even stretch my arms as wide as the base of the trunk is. I saw this vine on the bottom growing up the bark - I was trying to focus on the leaves, but for some reason I could only get the bark in focus. Then I realized that the leaves were poison ivy, and I stopped trying to get them in focus. Figured the bark was a better shot.
I liked how the purple veins turned out in this picture. I had to put my finger in front of the lense in order for the auto-focus to work, but I eventually got the shot I wanted.

Okay, that's all that I'll post here...check the link for more if you are in one of the states that is still battling snow or freezing rain. And don't dispair - spring is coming soon!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LEAVES OF THREE, LET IT BE! Geez, you call yourself a CAMPER and don't e ven recognize poison ivy! That is scary. The pictures are fun though. It's nice to see that someone is enjoying Spring; we had 3 days of spring here in Blacksburg, but now it is back to 40 degree weather (as a HIGH and w/o the windchill). But only 2 months until May and I graduate and get out of this miserable weather!

~RACHEL

Anonymous said...

I decided to save some of the flower pictures and am now using them for my desktop picture to brighten my day up a little bit :)

~RACHEL