Sunday, May 27, 2007

She almost got us...

Well, Rachel and Clay returned from their honeymoon last night after driving from Hilton Head, SC to Yorktown, VA where they picked up the remainder of their wedding presents, and then they drove to Richmond, VA where their apartment is (probably 12 hours of driving with all the stops in between). When they arrived late in the evening (I'm sure super tired), they were met by all the toilet paper, confetti, etc that I described in my earlier post. I can only imagine their faces!

But when she called me to talk about it, she claimed that someone had cleaned up the toilet paper before they arrived, because there wasn't any toilet paper anywhere in their apartment. At first I didn't believe her. I said, "You're kidding, right? You're just pulling my leg". But she was surprisingly convincing and I will admit that I bought her lie. I had just worked a super long day at camp and was really tired, so my judgement was probably a little off. But I will give her credit for being so believable over the phone. Of course I immediately call Daria and tell her what Rachel said, and she was about to blow a gasket at the thought of our hard work being cleaned up before Rachel and Clay even saw it. So for a little less than 24 hours, Daria, Brett, and I have been calling/texting and getting ourselves into a frenzy (at least Daria and I were pretty worked up), trying to figure out which person cleaned up their apartment for them, and further ruined the surprise.

But today it finally came out that she was LYING and was just pulling our leg about the toilet paper. (Whew) They had every bit to clean up, and are still trying to sort out their clothes, etc. Which gives me a little bit of satisfaction. I'm still kicking myself for buying into her act, but I know that I deserved it for all that we did to their apartment. Rachel told Daria that even if it took her until we were 50, she would eventually get us back. And Clay has disowned all siblings except Anna who wasn't there.

A little tidbit of info that I reveled in was that apparently Rachel asked Clay to get the key back from Brett weeks before the wedding - she told Clay that we would definitely use the key to mess up their apartment. But Clay thought that Brett wouldn't do anything with the key, and he didn't worry about getting it back. So this will be one time in their marriage where Rachel was definitely right, and now they are both paying for their mistake. I'm not saying that Rachel will always be right, but when it comes to knowing her devious sisters, Clay - take her word for it! :)

Oh, I forgot to include this picture of their bed in the last post - so here's one more for the record book. :)

I know that one day she will get us back. But until that day comes, Rachel...WE GOTCHA!!!

No comments: