Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Life of a Bridesmaid...and other stuff

Well, Rachel is getting hitched this weekend, and I'm in the wedding (along with Daria, and Clay's sister, Anna). I think I'd forgotten how crazy weddings can be. And this time I was put in charge of the rehearsal dinner slideshow and the guest book (we did a picture album that guests will sign so that when Rachel and Clay look back through it, it's not just a bunch of names on lined paper - I used www.mypublisher.com, and I've developed a love/hate relationship with the site, but mostly it worked out really well). As soon as everyone (in the wedding party at least) gets here I'll get some more pictures online. For now, it appears to be the calm before the storm, although I believe that is only because Mom is still at work and hasn't come home to put all of us to work yet. :)

I got an email today from our high school class president with information about our 10 year high school reunion. Kinda creepy. I just don't feel that old. And when I looked through the website (www.york97.com) to see other people's pictures, I realized that many of our former classmates have children. Not their first baby - but multiple children. It's crazy! I'm not ready for kids yet...I'm getting there, but still feel like it's a year away at least. It's up to God's timing, I know, but I'm thankful that He didn't decide to bless me just yet. :)

Alright, time to go do more bridesmaid duties - airport runs, altering dresses (yes, still doing that since I didn't even see the dress until today), etc, etc, etc.

No comments: