Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring 2008!

Here's my yearly tribute to Texas Wildflowers. Enjoy! (I put common names with flowers that I recognized/looked up...correct me if you see I made a mistake).

Some sources call it a Blackeyed Susan...others a coneflower...I'm not an expert by any means so I just call it pretty!
Grasshopper on Blue Eyed Grass
Herbertia (or prairie nymph according to another book) - I think it's my favorite this season.
More blue eyed grass...and a purple something - maybe some kind of phlox???

See the tiny grasshopper?

Don't know what these are called - I love the burgundy color of the pods before they open.
Laisy Daisy??


Indian Paintbrush
An albino (or at least all yellow) Indian Paintbrush...I've never seen that before!
Ohio Spiderwort
Rain Lily??
Spotted beebalm

Whitemouth Dayflower - see the spider on the stem?

2 comments:

Jennie said...

So pretty! (except the bugs--ewww) :)

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing! I absolutely LOVE blue flowers and enjoyed seeing all you took pictures of. Love the prarie nymph and the Whitemouth Dayflower. :)