Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Biles Clan in Texas!

Well, I didn't do very well at taking pictures of our outings because I was having too much fun just enjoying hanging out. So here's a recap and a few pictures that I snapped.

We went to the Botanical Garden at Zilker Park in Austin. It was fun to see all the blooms and all the new life coming out with spring!

Bamboo!


Later we went to the State Capitol building. (Lots happened in between, but I don't have pictures...it mostly involved eating and talking...not much to take pictures of, but fun to do!)

It's a really cool dome. The Texas capitol building is actually taller than the nation's capitol building in D.C. This is a view of the dome looking up from the bottom. At the very top, the letters T-E-X-A-S are around the points of the star.

I didn't take this picture - I stole it off another website. But I wanted you to see the outside of the building.

While we were there, at least 3 wedding parties were inside taking pictures. The photographers were at the top levels looking down at the bride/attendants, etc. It was pretty interesting - I don't think I would ever even think to go to the capitol for a wedding photo. The place was full of people the whole time we were there. Most people would walk to the center of the dome, lay down, or look straight up, and snap a picture.

No comments: