Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Updating the Blog...after 8 months...

Well, not much has changed in my blogging activity level since August. I'll blame it on the fact that it's easier to upload pictures on Facebook than it is on Blogger. Not sure why I have such a hard time formatting the pictures on this thing.

Most of you probably know that in September 2010, we added Mr. C and Little Man's older brother I-man to our family. So we now have a 10 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old.

My sis-in-law Felicia told me a story a while back of a conversation we had after Paul and I got engaged or married - one of the two. I don't recall the conversation specifically, but can see me saying it. She said that I told her I was going to have 4 children in 4 years and just get it all over with at once. She said that she just smiled and said, "Okay", but in her mind she was thinking that she wasn't sure that would really happen due to nursing, recovering from pregnancy, etc. etc. But now looking at how our family has grown from no kids to 3 kids in less than 1 year, having 4 kids in 4 years doesn't seem that difficult! :)

We still don't know how long we will have these 3 brothers in our home. The court system has been haphazard in my opinion, and I have stopped hoping for common sense results. I'm just praying that God is working his will for these boys through whatever judge will hear their case. It looks like the case will be heard sometime in early summer, but even that is up in the air right now. So in the meantime we are taking it one day at a time and trying to be consistent as we parent.

Thanks for everyone who has loved on us, listened to me rant, supported us with advice and loved on the boys!

You can look for pictures of the boys on facebook/shutterfly.

As for a recap from August 2010 to April 2011, here's the nutshell version:

September - I-man joins us over Memorial Day weekend, and starts school the next Tuesday; we celebrated Paul's birthday on the 19th.

October - We survive the month as parents of 3 active boys, and celebrate I-man's 10th birthday

November - Paul and I go to Malaysia to visit Evelyn and Steve. What an adventure! It was so much fun to meet Evelyn's friends/students and see how much they love her, and also to see the land and culture of Malaysia. We celebrated Steve's birthday a month early (talk about a surprise), ran a half-marathon with Steve in Penang (our first international one), and enjoyed being kid-free for 2 whole weeks! My mom (Jane) came and stayed with the boys for most of the time, and then they went to Paul's brother's house, and our friends at camp for Thanksgiving.


December - Lights of Tejas consumes us at camp, and we enjoy all the activity. We also enjoyed our first Christmas with kids in the house. So much fun!

January - We celebrate my birthday by going to a trapeze lesson...and I'm hooked on it! (See Facebook for videos)

February - Paul and I get away to Mazatlan, Mexico! Mom and Dad Smith come watch the boys for us again. We celebrate Mr C's 2nd birthday right before they return home. Then Mr. C figures out how to crawl out of his crib, and we convert his bed to a toddler bed. Oh joy!



March - Paul and I-man go on a guy's road trip during spring break. The pool opens at camp, and now there is a permanent request to go to the pool every weekend...even though the water is still FREEZING by any sane person's standards.

April - we will celebrate Little Man's 1st birthday. He's almost walking - he's taken 2-3 steps on his own before falling, but isn't discouraged. He's a super fast crawler, and can now crawl up into Mr C's toddler bed. I fear that he will figure out how to crawl out of his own crib well before the age of 2. Yikes!!!

Hopefully I'll remember to update this more often so more pictures and our family history will make it on here. As I mentioned in the August post - this is really so I remember what happens each year since I'm not going to scrapbook. I do want to have something to help me remember all of it in my old age, though. :)

No comments: