Friday, November 23, 2007

Girl Time!!

Okay, I got our camera back from Paul's office, so now I have access to the pics from my weekend in Chapel Hill. Enjoy!


On Friday, before Suz got to join us, we saw all the exhibits in the hallways surrounding the planetarium at UNC, but there weren't any showtimes during the weekend.

Later that night we started a friendly game of monopoly. At first, Julie was killing me and Jennie, so then Jennie and I joined forces to bring Julie down.
So then I started doing better except that I ended up going to jail a million times...okay maybe every third turn, but I went there A LOT!!

But in the end, my hotels had everyone else mortgaged to the hilt and I won. Which is a first for me - I never win monopoly, and usually won't even play it (especially with Paul since he always WINS)!


Anyway...we then played more games that Julie definitely won by a landslide (mainly because she knows lots of obscure Scottish words and can remember them under pressure and late at night).

On Saturday, Suzanne kicked the flu-bug out of her system (teachers should get some kind of presidential merit badge/award for working with snot-nosed kids during flu season) and we all got to hang out and tour UNC and eat and shop and goof off...and of course watch movies and play more games.
Below is one of the Arboretum pathways at UNC...very fun.



We went to a second-hand shop and Julie found fun fabric that is currently a strangely shaped apron that she will take apart and re-use......and Jennie found a Halloween costume...I don't actually know how she ended up using it - we had talked about her being the big bad wolf dressed up in Grandma's nightgown (from Little Red Riding Hood). But I think she would have bought it anyway just because it's red. :)
Suzanne and I didn't end up buying anything there, but we sure had fun trying things on!

No comments: