Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dave & Busters...

Well, really, for this blog, the pictures do most of the talking for me. Paul and I took the "kids" out to Austin about a week and 1/2 ago, but I haven't been able to get pics up until now.

I had never been to Dave & Busters, though I had heard it was tons of fun. Turns out that it is. I liked the racing games where all of us got to race each other the best.

We got the meal/points deal so that we got dinner and $10 in points on our swipe card to play the games with. Arcades are sophisticated now - no more tokens weighing down pockets - just have to keep track of a credit card like card.
Brittany, and Chloe racing on the Nascar track.

Paul, Kim, and Kristi also racing on the Nascar track. (I raced, too, but didn't get a picture of myself).
Justin, Chloe, and Manwoo (prounounced "Mahn - u").


Paul wearing Manwoo's glasses while Manwoo played the boxing game.


(Manwoo punching his opponent with the virtual reality technology gloves.)


At the end we all combined our tickets that we won, and like good arcade patrons, used them to buy Nerds on a rope (candy), and some other kind of candy that will rot your teeth.

What a great night. We finished by going to a Korean grocery store, where Manwoo bought the makings for a great dinner that he made that week. I don't know the name of it, but it looked goourmet - it had seaweed wrapped around rice, some kind of sweet radish (that was a 8 inch long yellow vegetable), seasoned beef, and some kind of vegetable that we never were able to translate into English from the Korean. But it was great!!!

Well, that sums up our night out on the town. I definitely want to repeat it sometime.

No comments: