Monday, August 20, 2007

Our New Desk!

Okay, I know that "normal" people don't get this excited about desks and organizing. But I'm not normal. My favorite store is Office Max (though I don't buy anything there because it's too expensive). My favorite shopping season is Back to School because all the binders and pencils and pens and notebooks and back packs are in the aisles. But I'm getting sidetracked.

Okay, here are some pics of what we upgraded to. The bookshelf with all the books actually belongs to Dustin and Erin, who are moving to Dallas. So they are going to need their bookshelf back soon, which gave us the perfect excuse to look for a desk with bookshelf space, too.

Here's what we came up with from Ikea.I like that it all closes up so you can't see what's inside because it's pretty cluttered inside. One day that will change, but not today.
Even the bench has storage space for files, and then for whatever else fits to the left of the files.

I'll admit that all the books didn't fit in our new desk, so we had to use the college wire shelves that you stack using connectors, but that's okay. One day when I get up the nerve to throw out/donate all my books that I haven't read in over a year, I'm sure we will only need the desk to house everything.


I just can't get rid of the thought that maybe one day the environmental science textbooks might be used. I know it's ridiculous, and the truth of the matter is that anything in those books can be found on the Internet these days (which definitely uses much less of my house space than the books do). But I just can't do it. Maybe it's because it would be admitting that I won't be using my college degree again. I don't know. Like I said, one day I'll have the courage to toss it all...but not today.


Well, I'm off today since I worked the weekend, so I actually went to the mall in Austin to look around. I've decided that I'm really not missing much by not living close to a mall. I get so frustrated walking around malls - they take up so much of my time just to realize that they don't have anything that I need or want. Another reason that I'm a country girl convert. The reason I happened to be in Austin was because Paul had to catch an early morning flight, so we spent the night at a hotel which was fun.


Paul is in Virginia helping his mom get the GMI server back in order (http://globalmosaic.net/). It started a re-booting cycle that it can't get out of, so Paul was sent to the rescue with all his computer know-how. So I'm a bachelorette until Thursday. Thankfully Chloe is here to keep me company (summer staffer from the UK), and so are the dogs.


Until next time!

1 comment:

Alex said...

That is really cute! It looks great.
And I love Back to School as well. Pencil bouquets!